Pro Wrestler Ronda Rousey Seemingly Confirms Appearance In Mortal Kombat 11

about X hours ago from
Pro Wrestler Ronda Rousey Seemingly Confirms Appearance In Mortal Kombat 11

Ronda Rousey has become somewhat of a household name over the years, between her meteoric rise in the UFC and her recent stint as a professional wrestler in the WWE. The mixed martial artist is well known beyond just her ability to beat down opponents, making her a pretty natural fit for being the face of a fighting game. It looks like Rousey will get her chance with the upcoming Mortal Kombat 11.

The invitation I’ve been waiting to accept my whole life. Don’t worry, Earthrealm is safe with me ;) Can’t wait for Thursday! I’ll be there #MK11 @netherrealm https://t.co/p8O6PtO5wd

In a tweet posted last night, Rousey links to an Instagram picture of her holding an invitation for the Mortal Kombat 11 reveal taking place January 17 in Los Angeles, seemingly confirming her involvement.

A New, Old-School Ghostbusters Movie Is In The Works

about X hours ago from
A New, Old-School Ghostbusters Movie Is In The Works

Something strange is once again brewing in the neighborhood, but don’t worry – somebody already called Jason Reitman to handle it. In an exclusive interview with Entertainment Weekly, the director announced that he is working on a new Ghostbusters movie, which will continue the story of the original two films.

Jason Reitman has directed a number of movies over the years including Thank You For Smoking, Juno, and last year's The Front Runner. In this case, however, his most significant tie to the franchise is his father, Ivan Reitman, who directed the first two Ghostbusters films and will produce the new one as well.

Jason Reitman isn’t saying yet if Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, or Ernie Hudson will be returning in the new movie, but told Entertainment Weekly, “We have a lot of wonderful surprises and new characters for the audience to meet.”

The Division 2's Private Beta Has A Start Date

about X hours ago from
The Division 2's Private Beta Has A Start Date

Get ready to head to Washington, agents. Ubisoft just announced the start date for The Division 2's private beta and it's real soon.

The private beta starts on February 7 and runs through February 10. Ubisoft says that players can access the beta by pre-ordering the game at participating retailers. The publisher also clarifies that players "who register at thedivisiongame.com/beta will be invited to join as space allows."

For more on The Division 2, head here.

New Dragon Ball Z Action/RPG Title Coming

about X hours ago from
New Dragon Ball Z Action/RPG Title Coming

Bandai Namco has announced that it will begin work on a new Dragon Ball Z action/RPG game in 2019. No further details have been given, but the year is young.

The company also teased Dragon Ball FighterZ news with the announcement that a fighter from Universe 11 is coming to the game (Jiren or Toppa, perhaps?), and this will be revealed at the World Tour Finals at the end of the month.

In 2019, the project of a New Game focusing on the World of Dragon Ball Z begins! And more news coming to DRAGON BALL Fighter Z! The Warrior from Universe 11 is joining the fight!
More information to be revealed at the DRAGON BALL FighterZ World Tour Finals in January 26th ~ 27th https://t.co/K8tc4BvnZa

Hitman Developer Opens New Studio

about X hours ago from
Hitman Developer Opens New Studio

Hitman developer IO Interactive has announced that it has opened a new studio in Malmö, Sweden called IOI Malmö that will work on Hitman content as well as new, unannounced projects not related to the assassination simulator.

"This will expand our muscles for creating brand-new and exciting endeavours, new universes, [and] new franchises," reads a statement on the IO Interactive website.

The studio is already up and running and is currently hiring.

Report: EA Cancels Open-World Star Wars Game

about X hours ago from
Report: EA Cancels Open-World Star Wars Game

The unnamed Star Wars game that was rebooted in 2017 alongside the closure of EA's Visceral studio has seemingly once again been cancelled, according to a report from Kotaku. The open world game was intended to be EA's next big Star Wars project, but seemingly was unable to come together.

When Visceral closed, EA moved the project to EA Motive, which had been working with Visceral on the game during development. The title was reportedly going through a number of changes from director Amy Hennig's original design and story, but EA never publicly showed the rebooted version. EA Motive eventually opened a Vancouver office, sharing space with EA Vancouver until the two merged. After installing a new studio head in Samantha Ryan, Jade Raymond left the studio.

Kotaku also reports that the next game from EA Vancouver might also be a Star Wars game, but it would be years away even if were. In May 2013, Electronic Arts signed a ten year exclusivity deal for non-LEGO console and PC Star Wars titles, of which five years have passed. In that time, EA has released Star Wars: Battlefront and Star Wars: Battlefront II. They have also announced Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order from Titanfall developer Respawn scheduled to be released this year.

The Elder Scrolls Online Announces Newest Expansion Elsweyr

about X hours ago from
The Elder Scrolls Online Announces Newest Expansion Elsweyr

During a livestream today, Bethesda revealed the newest expansion to The Elder Scrolls Online, bringing players to Elsweyr for the first time since The Elder Scrolls: Arena in 1994. The expansion comes with what Bethesda is calling the Season of the Dragon, pitting Tamriel's warriors against the series' dragon without the powers of a dragonborn on their side.

The Season of the Dragon is the title given to 2019's year of Elder Scrolls Online content, including the announced Wrathstone dungeon pack, a new Necromancer job class, and the unannounced dungeon packs for later this year. Elsweyr alone accounts for 30 hours of story content.

Check out the trailer below.

Netflix Raises Prices On Streaming Service Again

about X hours ago from
Netflix Raises Prices On Streaming Service Again

Netflix has announced that the service will once again be raising their prices on all plans, meaning that every plan now requires payments of over $100 a year.

The streaming company has announced the price goes into effect today for new customers and in the coming months for existing ones. The $8 plan is going up to $9; the middle-tier, which is the most common plan according to Netflix, goes from $11 to $13; the premium plan which allows 4K and UHD streaming jumps from $14 to $16, making it one of the most expensive streaming services on the market.

Netflix is no stranger to price increases, as the company is increasingly trying to figure out how to make the service financially viable. Despite the massive number of subscribers and number of viral hits, Netflix has been losing far more money than it is making, with expected negative cash flows in the billions. As more and more companies start pulling away to launch their own services, like Disney, Netflix is in the unenviable position of needing to charge more while simultaneously losing more content. That means they have to fill the gaps with their own content which also costs truckloads of money.

Teased Sci-Fi Ubisoft Title Pioneer Seemingly Cancelled

about X hours ago from
Teased Sci-Fi Ubisoft Title Pioneer Seemingly Cancelled

In Watch Dogs 2, the protagonist Marcus Holloway sneaks into video game developer Ubisoft's San Francisco office and leaks a video game trailer intended only for internal use but teasing an E3 release. While a lot of people posited that the trailer was probably a real thing under Ubisoft's creation, Kotaku's sources confirmed that the sci-fi game Pioneer was a real product in development and Watch Dogs' use of it was an intentional tease. Now it seems like game might be dead.

Alex Hutchinson, former Ubisoft director of games like Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed III, recently tweeted a suggestion that the Pioneer project is no more.

RIP Pioneer.

Call Of Duty's Blackout Mode Getting Free Trial This Week

about X hours ago from
Call Of Duty's Blackout Mode Getting Free Trial This Week

Activision has been experimenting with different ways to get Blackout, their Call of Duty-flavored battle royale game, into the hands of consumers, such as selling the mode separately. Now you can try the mode on its own for free later this week during a free week.

Bring your friends — the Blackout Free Trial is coming.
Play #BlackOps4’s Blackout Battle Royale for free from January 17th to the 24th on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. pic.twitter.com/jfOw2diCV9

The free week is for all platforms for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, meaning PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. You can start playing on January 17 until the January 24, giving you plenty of time to emerge victorious in lauded battle royale mode.